1. First of all print out or take this series of pictures to put on a tablet - (but with you and your puppet of course.) Then leave your puppet at home.
2. Tell the students your puppet (we'll use Charlie in this case) has had an accident.
3. Show them a picture on the tablet.
4. Tell the class that Charlie bumped his head. When the students ask how he did it, show them the next photo. Ask what room he was in and what they think happened. They'll say he was jumping on the bed.
5. Then ask them how you felt and what they thought you did and show them the photo. They'll say you called the doctor.
6. The doctor came and said to Charlie "No more monkeys jumping on the bed"
7. Then tell them you know a song about "Monkeys jumping on the bed" and teach them the song. (or 10) Little monkeys jumping on the bed.
8. When Charlie 'returns' to class it's the perfect opportunity (excuse) to sing the song again.
Song here https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=PRWH9sw_98E
Here's a version of the book on Amazon.UK